Wednesday 13 January 2010

Editing Day One

Today, I uploaded all the footage that we had filmed, onto the computer editing program: Adobe Premier Elements. I started simply by putting the scenes into chronological order. Afterwards, I went back through the footage and edited out all the takes that included mistakes. After I had completed this, I started to add some techniques to our trailer; I did this by inverting a shot of the killer walking towards the camera and cutting this against a zoom in normal shot of the killer behind a tree. As I did this, Sarah looked on the website http://www.freeplaymusic.com/ for sound effects and pieces of music that we felt caused tension and also an eerie atmosphere to play underneath our trailer.

,..Once we had decided on a piece of music, I then placed it underneath the first scenes of the trailer. When I watched it back, the inverted shot of the killer walking towards the camera cut together with the mid-shot of him behind the tree. Created a very effective match on action shot between this and the music.

.

To further our trailer, I think that we should add more scenes showing the main characters personalities and the closeness of their friendships, as this is one of the focal conventions we are incorporating from other trailers of this genre. Also, I feel we need to add more scenes showing more students being killed. I believe that by adding more of these scenes will be able to create within the audience the sense that nobody is going to get out of this school alive nor is anybody coming to help will effectively be able to hook our target audience into watching our feature film.

No comments:

Post a Comment