Wednesday 14 April 2010

Movie Poster and 'Empire' Cover


This is the final and original version of my Empire magazine cover. As you can see, I have added a banner of a film strip to the bottom of the cover. This was done because the bottom of the central image did not reach the bottom of the cover. So to avoid having an empty bottom half I had to include the strip. This is not a major change it just means that instead of including the information as a featured article, it will know be included in the strip. The items that are included in the banner are films that are within the horror genre; this is a traditional Empire technique and is used to appeal to the reader who is a fan of the horror genre. It also avoids readers becoming confused about what the issue is about and stops them from purchasing the magazine.


This is the final and original version of my movie poster. As you can see, there have been a couple of changes to my initial idea. I have included another main character to the poster this was to balance out the poster. The characters are using indirect mode of address, I used this because I wanted the characters to come across as vulnerable and I thought the best way of achieving this was to have them avoiding eye contact. Moreover, I have included droplets of blood dripping from the E’s in the title and also the G and N of coming soon, but I have not included the dripping blood from the killer’s knife. This was used because I did not want the poster to look comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment